Assistant Business Office Manager
Company: Southwood Healthcare Center
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: March 17, 2020
Southwood Healthcare Center - Southwood Healthcare Center, a
member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies is currently
recruiting for an Assistant Business Office Manager to join our
team.PURPOSE/BELIEF STATEMENT:The position of Assistant Business
Office Manager is responsible for maintaining CHS business office
policies and assisting with A/R and Resident Funds. The position
must function as both a team member and leader to ensure that work
is accomplished and quality service is delivered, supporting team
members and leading the way in celebrating team successes. While
focusing on delivering quality service, the position must also
manage the resources within their control and assist others in
managing resources. JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make Daily Deposits to facility bank account.
- Assist with Reviewing monthly statements for accuracy
- Provide assistance with maintaining up to date information with
Collection Blitz Log and Medicaid Pending Log - weekly
- Identify and assist with the preparation of adjustments, attach
supporting documentation - submit to Executive Director for
- Assist with Maintaining monthly A/R duties
- Post Ancillaries
- Post Daily Census Activity
- Post Daily Cash (if applicable)
- Maintain Accurate bed hold utilization log.
- Notify resident/responsible party at start and end of bed hold
of remaining days available in calendar year.
- Assist with completion of insurance forms as needed.
- Provide assistance with answering questions and provides
information to families and residents
- Provide assistance with outbound mailings, provide sufficient
postage as needed
- Orders office supplies for entire building and controls
- Maintain resident accounts.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, education
classes, and orientation programs to maintain and enhance quality
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and
home office policies and procedures, objectives, quality
improvement program, and safety, environmental and infection
control standards.QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Prior work/life experiences, preferably in a healthcare
- Prior supervisory experience and management training.
- Prior experience preferably with related software
- Must possess a thorough understanding of accounts
receivable/collections, resident funds, and management of
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action
- Must be able to deal tactfully with team members, other staff,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to incorporate them into practices
- Basic computer literacy and skills BenefitsAs a CommuniCare
employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer
full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and
disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from
quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match
and Flexible Spending Accounts.About Us A family-owned company, we
have grown to become one of the nations largest providers of
post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation
centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities,
independent rehabilitation centers and long-term acute care
hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior,
comprehensive management services for the development and
management of adult living communities. We have a single job
description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch
the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring
Communities" where staff, residents, clients and family members
care for and about one another.
Keywords: Southwood Healthcare Center, Terre Haute , Assistant Business Office Manager, Administration, Clerical , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!