Director of Plant Operations
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Experience the Westminster Difference! -Westminster Village is
seeking an experienced hospitality focused Director of Plant
Operations experienced in working with older adults to join our
extraordinary team. We are seeking a happy, enthusiastic, team
players, focused on caring for our residents.Please visit our
website at https://westminstervillagein.com/careers/GENERAL
SUMMARY:Operates and maintains all facilities while meeting or
exceeding Federal, State and local government regulations. Ensures
all facilities are maintained in a safe, sanitary and healthy
condition. Provides general support services as required.Visit us
at https://westminstervillagein.com/careers/ for all available
- Plans, provides and maintains a quality facility with respect
to the interior and exterior of the buildings, roads, grounds,
tools and equipment to achieve a safe, sanitary and healthy
living/working environment for residents an staff, and to provide
residents with quality transportation, security, reception and
- Leads all departmental employee functions, providing the
facility with productive, responsive employees who are well trained
and effectively managed.
- Develops departmental, community and corporate
goals/objectives, formulate and implement tools for training
evaluations and methods for follow-up. Maintain accurate
documentation and meet Human Resources guidelines.
- Implements systems and controls to achieve financial
performance as established by the departmental budget. This
includes developing budgets and capital spending plans on an annual
- Assures that all services and programs are in compliance with
federal, state and/or local laws and statutes.
- Demonstrates technical and management knowledge, proficiency
and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards.
- Develops and oversees Individual Development Plans for each
Manager and supports their growth and educational
- Plans and initiates staff training in emergency preparedness,
life safety, personal protective equipment, OSHA mandated training,
and other required training. Monitors infection control guidelines
within the department.
- Supervises the performance of landscaping, maintenance,
transportation, communications and security personnel through
inspections and other quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains an effective security department. Develops security
policies and procedures, coordinates investigations, and maintains
- Maintains an effective communications department. Develops
policies, procedures and schedules to effectively communicate with
residents, guests, family members and staff.
- Develops and maintains an effective transportation department.
Maintains vehicle fleet and coordinates activities of the bus
- Implements established emergency policies and procedures.
Responds to emergency service calls.
- Reviews and analyzes quality control, maintenance and
operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with
product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Maintains regulatory compliance for Radford Green.
- In conjunction with other management personnel participates in
community safety program. Serves as "Safety Coordinator" for the
- Prepares and maintains required records, reports, analyses and
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as
- Delegates authority to staff for task details to facilitate
smooth flow of materials and services.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with town services
(i.e., fire, ambulance, civil defense).What we offer you:
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Free employee meals
- Fitness center
- Westminster Difference Perfect Attendance Incentive
ProgramWestminster Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality.
To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a
guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents,
co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and
with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask "Is there anything else I can do for you?"
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and
appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.WELLNESS FOCUS:Westminster Village
employees are expected to promote a healthy community culture for
all residents and employees. This is a whole-person approach to
health and wellness which includes eight dimensions of wellness:
Emotional, Environmental, Health Services, Intellectual, Physical,
Social, Spiritual and Vocational. Through these efforts we can
ensure and exceed residents' wellness needs relating to their mind,
body and soul, which may also have a positive effect on the
employees, as a result.QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School education required with thorough knowledge of plant
operations and engineering. Bachelor degree in engineering or
related field preferred.
- At least five years experience in plant engineering and/or
trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry,
refrigeration, ground maintenance, masonry or maintenance. Three
years supervisory experience.
- Ability to read, and interpret general business periodicals, or
governmental regulations. Ability to read blueprints and mechanical
drawings. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and
- Ability to effectively communicate with and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general
- Previous experience in the health care field and/or with an
elderly population preferred. Knowledge of fire safety and MSDS
training also preferred.Physical Requirements/Working
Conditions:Must be able to move throughout the building and grounds
as needed throughout the day. Good visual and hearing acuity
required. Must be free of communicable disease; may be exposed to
communicable diseases, and blood and body fluids that may contain
HIV and/or HBV.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and color vision.While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The
employee is occasionally exposed to cleaning chemicals and
offensive odors; wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious
places; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and
vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.Many roles in the community may require that we ask about
your vaccination status. This could include MMR, chicken pox,
hepatitis, flu and COVID-19 vaccine status. Please note that all
employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or
apply for and receive an approved exemption, as a condition of
employment.Job Type: Full-timeMy ProfileCreate and manage profiles
for future opportunities.
Keywords: LCS, Terre Haute , Director of Plant Operations, Executive , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...