Senior Director of Hospitality
Company: Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI)
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable
accommodations. This list of duties and responsibilities is not
intended to be all-inclusive, but a general illustration. -
- As a leader, display at all times a professional and upbeat and
- Manages fine dining, fast casual and grab n go restaurants,
banquets, lounges and bars, and other food & beverage service
venues, as well as 122 room hotel
- Actively participate in strategic planning and execution in all
facets of the Queen of Terre Haute as a critical member of the
senior leadership team.
- Analyze and monitor the operation reports as well as monthly
and yearly financial statements to ensure that revenues, expenses
and labor are meeting or exceeding budget goals. Develop annual
budgets and business plans and works with the Hotel and
Food/Beverage team to achieve results.
- Responsible for specifications and quality of all food
- Assist department leaders with creating, implementing and
monitoring action plans and new sales programs to maximize revenue
and minimize costs to ensure that budgetary goals are met.
- Develop, implement and maintain new Food and Beverage
offerings. Oversee menu development to ensure maximum quality,
appropriate pricing and cost of sales.
- Monitor the coordination between the different parts of the
hotel to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Conduct assessments to review customer satisfaction and service
- Select, train and mentor managers and supervisors to ensure
quality job performance. Monitor the hiring of quality staff for
all of Hotel & Food and Beverage areas.
- Establish communication channels to interact with customers in
order to obtain their feedback and assist with the resolution of
- Monitor the accounts receivable, accounts payable, and purchase
- Coordinates with the marketing department to develop and
implement strategies for growing the business and to prepare for
events and promotions.
- Delegate job tasks and responsibilities effectively and
appropriately within the Hotel & Food and Beverage Departments
while regularly reviewing staffing levels to maintain budgeted
levels of employment.
- Ensure full compliance to hotel operating controls, SOP's,
policies, procedures and service standards.
- Oversees the Hotel Housekeeping and Laundry departments to
ensure a first class guest experience.
- Maximize room yield and hotel revenue through innovative sales
practices and yield management programs and with the assistance of
the corporate yield team.
- Assist in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment,
and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment
- Respond to internal and external audits to ensure continual
improvement and safeguarding is achieved.
- Conduct daily inspections to identify damaged or worn utilities
and facilitate repair or replacement.
- Oversees the Wardrobe Department. Works with departments to
determine needs and ensures adequate inventory levels of chosen
- Other duties as assigned.EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Hotel and
Restaurant Management, Hospitality Management or related major
- 4-7 years' management experience in hotel operations.
- 7-10 years of management experience, preferably in a
multi-outlet 24-hour operation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn a new
computer application quickly and follow the standards associated
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays,
- Ability to analyze planning documents results, and revise for
- Above average knowledge of wine, food & spirits
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to
react with impactful strategies.CERTIFICATES AND LICENSESMust be
able to obtain and maintain an Indiana Gaming license.PHYSICAL
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to sit or stand; walk; use hands to
finger reach, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach
with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; and talk or hear. The employee may also be required to lift,
push, and pull up to 30lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate to loud. The employee is subjected to circulate throughout
the assigned areas, including the smoking area, actively observing
players and functioning of machines.
Keywords: Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI), Terre Haute , Senior Director of Hospitality, Executive , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...