RN / Registered Nurse / Indiana / Permanent / Registered Nurse RN Inte
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: February 9, 2020
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Intensive Care Unit(ICU)/Critical Care - Full
Time Nights, 36 hours per week, 7p-7:30a, rotatingweekends and
Do youwant to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
You contribute toour success. Every role has an impact on our
patients lives and you have theopportunity to make a difference. We
are looking for dedicated professionallike you to be a part of our
ICU team. Join us in our efforts tobetter our community! Terre
Haute RegionalHospital (THRH) isa 278-bed Level II Trauma Center.
Regional is the only full-service hospital inthe area accredited by
The Join Commission and has provided quality care forthe local
community for 135 years. We offer cardiovascular services,
includingopen-heart and cardiac catheterization; oncology services,
which includeradiation therapy and outpatient infusion labor and
delivery, including aneonatal intensive care unit; inpatient mental
health unit; and otherspecialized care areas, including intensive
care and inpatient rehabilitationunits. Weare a member of the HCA
Healthcare network. Together, we are a community of94,000
Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician partners. We have
over1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ERs,
ambulatory surgerycenters, and urgent care clinics. Our facility
based staff continues to raisethe bar in patient care. Ten of our
HCA Healthcare facilities have been namedin IBM Watson Healths top
100 best-performing hospitals based on patientsatisfaction and
operational data. Why Join our ICU Team?
- 16-Bed Medical/Surgical ICU
- Level II Trauma Center and continued receipt of grade A
rankings for Patient Safety
- Dedicated leadership and staff that nurture continued
self-development and our licensed and professional nursing staff
have many years of critical care experience.
- Provide exceptional care for a wide variety of patients
including Post Op Cardiac patients, those needing critical
medication and insulin drips, renal replacement therapies and
- The house wide telemetry station is also located on the ICU
- We have state-of-the-art technology and equipment for
monitoring patients, including an external artificial heart device.
What will you be doing? The RegisteredNurse (RN) Critical Care
(ICU), provides therapeutic and administrativeservices necessary
for the care of seriously and critically ill patients, insupport of
HCA ethical principles and values. This includes
continuousobservation and frequent measurements of relevant
indicators of clinicalconditions and outcomes. Nurses will provide
direct access to patients formajor procedures and therapies,
including resuscitation. Positionresponsibilities:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
Qualifications Essential educational/licensure,skills and
- Current Indiana licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider. ACLS and
NIHSS certification must be obtained within first six months of
hire date and maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- ICU nurses working in Charge role must have current PALS and
TNCC certification and must be maintained throughout employment of
Terre Haute Regional Hospital.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Valued but not requirededucational/licensure, skills and
- At least two or more year of experience in Critical Care
We value YOU and yourfuture! Ouremployees come first. We provide a
total compensation package to make sure yourneeds are met. Choose
the medical and dental coverage package that best suitsyou. Look
after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid
FamilyLeave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in
for several otherbenefits including tuition assistance up to $5,250
per year, student loanassistance up to $150 per month for FT
employees, family and medical flexspending accounts, life
insurance, and identity theft pro...
Keywords: HCA., Terre Haute , RN / Registered Nurse / Indiana / Permanent / Registered Nurse RN Inte, Healthcare , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!