RN / Registered Nurse / Indiana / Permanent / Registered Nurse RN Intensive Care Unit ICU Job
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Intensive Care/Critical Care ICU/CCU
Full Time Nights, 36 hours per week - 7p-7:30a working every other
weekend and rotating holidays Are you looking for a company that
places integrity over their bottom line? Here at Terre Haute
Regional Hospital, our everyday decisions are founded on
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs
encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a
experienced ICU Registered Nurses to join our family. Come be a
part of the change!
Terre Haute Regional Hospital (THRH) is a 278-bed Level II Trauma
Center. Regional is the only full-service hospital in the area
accredited by The Join Commission and has provided quality care for
the local community for 135 years. We offer cardiovascular
services, including open-heart and cardiac catheterization;
oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient
infusion labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care
unit; inpatient mental health unit; and other specialized care
areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
We are a member of the HCA Healthcare network. Together, we are a
community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician
partners. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals,
freestanding ERs, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care
clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in
patient care. Ten of our HCA Healthcare facilities have been named
in IBM Watson Healths top 100 best-performing hospitals based on
patient satisfaction and operational data. Why Join our ICU
- 16-Bed Medical/Surgical ICU with house wide Telemetry station
located on this unit as well as Dialysis Care
- Chest Pain Accredited, Level II Trauma Center with continued
receipt of grade A rankings for Patient Safety
- Provide exceptional care for a wide variety of patients
including Post Op Cardiac patients, those needing critical
medication and insulin drips, renal replacement therapies and
- Teamwork heavily focused to promote better patient experience &
high quality of care
- Fast paced and collaborative
- A supportive and passionate culture motivated on fostering
educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders of ICU have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching
their professional goals, excellence in practice, and reciprocal
- State-of-the-art technology and equipment for monitoring
patients, including an external artificial heart device. What will
you be doing? The Registered Nurse (RN) Critical Care (ICU),
provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the
care of seriously and critically ill patients, in support of HCA
ethical principles and values. This includes continuous observation
and frequent measurements of relevant indicators of clinical
conditions and outcomes. Nurses will provide direct access to
patients for major procedures and therapies, including
resuscitation. Position responsibilities:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
Qualifications Essential educational/licensure, skills and
- Current licensure as an RN
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current BLS certification upon hire
- ACLS and NIHSS certification must be obtained within first six
months of hire
- BLS, ACLS, and NIHSS certifications must be maintained
throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital.
- ICU nurses working in charge role must have current PALS and
TNCC certification and must be maintained throughout employment of
Terre Haute Regional Hospital
- Two years or more experience in Med Surg or Critical Care
We value YOU and your future! Our employees come first. We provide
a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met.
Choose the medical and dental coverage package that best suits you.
Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid
Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in
for several other benefits including tuition assistance up to
$5,250 per year, student loan assistance up to $150 per month for
FT employees, employee stock purchase plan, family and medical flex
spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft
Keywords: HCA., Terre Haute , RN / Registered Nurse / Indiana / Permanent / Registered Nurse RN Intensive Care Unit ICU Job, Healthcare , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!