RN- Pain and Interventional Medication
Company: Paris Community Hospital
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionHorizon Health – Paris Community Hospital is a
25-bed critical access hospital located in Paris, Illinois. We have
been serving residents of Edgar County since 1968 though community
education, emergency services, and outpatient care. As we continue
to expand our services & locations, our community has grown far
beyond Paris. Our rich history and strong community support pave
the way for the future of healthcare as we serve you—our family,
friends, and neighbors. Position Summary: The RN has both
administrative and clinical skills. Communicates with and assists
in direct care of patients and families. Ensures timely flow of
patients and assists the healthcare provider to provide optimal
care to patients of all age groups. Essential Functions
- Schedules and monitors appointments appropriately
- Performs basic office duties and has ability to properly use
- Applies computer concepts for office procedures. Computer
skills adequate to
- do order entry and retrieve information.
- Maintains physical office environment and equipment.
- Inventories and requisitions supplies.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate with a variety of
patients of all ages as
- well as the mentally and physically challenged patient.
- Communicates with interdisciplinary services regarding patient
- Handles variety of telephone calls using triage to prioritize
patient requests and
- phone call priorities.
- Knows and practices good customer service; demonstrates
friendly and caring attitude toward patients and families.
- Good rapport with co-workers and medical providers. Works to
create a pleasant work environment.
- Develop a relationship with nurses and provider so as to be
viewed as an asset to the patient's medical team.
- Prepares patients for exam by healthcare provider, assisting
with exam as needed.
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by provider
and documents appropriately.
- Assists in procedures and supportive preparatory and follow-up
work for implants. The responsibilities listed above are not
all-inclusive; other activities may be required in support of the
hospital's goals and objectives. Position Requirements:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current Indiana license as RN
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of nursing process and use of the same
- Good nursing practice skills
- Ability to perform complex and multiple tasks in a fast-paced,
- environment subject to stress and interruption in an organized
and timely fashion Horizon Health is committed to caring not only
for our patients, but for our staff as well. We offer you an
extensive total compensation and benefits package. As an employee
of Horizon Health, your benefits include a competitive salary,
medical, dental and vision insurance, Employee 403(b), health
savings account with Company match, as well as Vacation, Sick and
Paid Holidays. Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. We are actively
reviewing applicants for the Pain and Interventional Medication
Nurse. Be part of an organization that is dedicated to the growth
and development of its colleagues. Here at Horizon Health, our
employees speak for themselves. Join our family & begin an
Keywords: Paris Community Hospital, Terre Haute , RN- Pain and Interventional Medication, Healthcare , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!