Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER you want in your
current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you -
at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an
exciting opportunity for you to join Terre Haute Regional Hospital
which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare. Schedule: Full Time Nights, 7p-7:30a,
every other weekend and rotating holidays. We're offering up to a
$15,000 sign-on bonus based on experience with one year of RN
experience and two year commitment required.BenefitsTerre Haute
Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
Terre Haute Regional Hospital!Job Summary and QualificationsWhat
will you be doing in this role:
- Planning, assessing, implementing, and evaluating the delivery
of care to assigned ER patients.
- In accordance with hospital policy, may insert I.V.'s,
administer I.V. medications, and begin blood product
- Observes and records patient reactions to medication, I.V.
therapy, blood transfusion, and treatment.
- Triages patients by evaluating the patient's signs and
symptoms; recording and reports the results.
- Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient
and processes orders.
- Receives and transcribes/checks physician's orders in a timely
- Provides and documents patient and family education as
- Communicates clinical outcomes with patient and family.
- Performs efficiently with Meditech.
- Coordinates admission through discharge plans with case
manager, patient, and family.
- Actively participates in the orientation of new personnel. What
qualifications you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing Associates
- Current licensure by the Indiana State Board of Nursing as a
Registered Professional Nurse or active Compact State RN licensure
- BLS upon required upon hire. ACLS, PALS, and NIHSS obtained
within first 6 months and maintained during employment
- TNCC obtained within one year of hire and maintained during
employment This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations
(unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).Terre Haute
Regional Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since
1882. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced
technology. Our 275+ bed hospital is a leading acute care
facilities in Indiana. Terre Haute is the only full-service
hospital in the area accredited by The Joint Commission. We have
provided quality care to the Wabash Valley community for 135 years.
Services include the region's only Level-II trauma center,
cardiovascular services--including open-heart surgery and cardiac
catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapy
and outpatient infusion; labor and delivery, including a neonatal
intensive care unit; an inpatient behavioral health unit; and other
specialized inpatient areas, including intensive care and inpatient
At Terre Haute Regional Hospital, our care like family culture
extends to our patients, people and our community. We are committed
to each other. When we join together, our patients are cared for in
the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "Bricks and mortar do not make a
hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If this opportunity is your next step in
your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Nurse RN Emergency Room ER opening. We review all applications.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We
are interviewing apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Terre Haute , Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER, Healthcare , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!