Registered Nurse RN Med Surg PRN
Company: Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Description IntroductionTerre Haute Regional Hospital is
committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to
work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering
patient-centered care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse
RN Med Surg position and spend more time at the bedside with the
patient.BenefitsTerre Haute Regional Hospital, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether
you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role,
shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver
clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Terre
Haute Regional Hospital!Job Summary and QualificationsThe Med Surg
RN position is designed to plan, assess, implement, and evaluate
the ongoing delivery of care to assigned patients. Also performs
nursing care in a holistic manner. Assists the management/charge
nurse with responsibilities as needed.
What will you do in this role: -
- Performs and directs nursing procedures, prescribed treatments,
based on knowledge of principles and practice of Registered Nurse.
- In accordance with hospital policy, may insert I.V.'s,
administer I.V. medications, and begin blood product
- Observes and records patient reactions to medication, I.V.
therapy, blood transfusion, and treatment. -
- Evaluates patient's signs and symptoms; records and reports
results. Sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to
changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and
exhibiting good judgment. -
- Collaborates with physician regarding patient progress towards
the outcome attainment. Assists physician during treatment and
examination of patient and processes orders. -
- Makes appropriate and timely notification to physician on
patient condition changes. -
- Receives and transcribes/checks physician's orders in a timely
- Provides and documents patient and family education as needed.
- May function as a leader of nursing personnel and is
responsible for their performance. -
- Assists patients with activities of daily living including but
not limited to bathing, positioning, range of motion, elimination,
and ambulating. -
- Communicates clinical outcomes with patient and family.
- Actively participates in the orientation of new personnel.
What qualifications will you need:
- Current State of Indiana Registered Nurse License or compact
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing as a Registered
Professional Nurse. Associates Degree required.
- 1 year of clinical/hospital RN experience preferred
- BLS must be maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic nursing skills including
- Acquired knowledge and skills to give age appropriate care in
the surgical patient care settings."Across HCA Healthcare's more
than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive
impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive Join a family
that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing
candidates for our Registered Nurse RN Acute Surgical Trauma PRN
opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team
will reach out.We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Terre Haute Regional Hospital, Terre Haute , Registered Nurse RN Med Surg PRN, Healthcare , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!