Registered Nurse RN Intermediate Care Step Down Unit - Up to $4k Sign-On Bonus
Company: Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: September 7, 2018
We are offering the following bonuses for Full Time Intermediate Care/Step Down Unit RN positions:
- $2,500 Sign-On Bonus - newly graduated RN and those with less than two years of RN experience*
- $4,000 Sign-On Bonus - 2 years of RN experience
- $2,500 Employee Referral Bonus
Current HCA employees, do not qualify for the sign-on bonuses.
Terre Haute Regional Hospital (THRH) is a 278-bed Level II Trauma Center. Regional is the only full-service hospital in the area accredited by The Join Commission and has provided quality care for the local community for 135 years.
Recent additions include a multi-million dollar investment in staff and infrastructure to bring the Level-II Trauma Center to the Wabash Valley region - the highest level of care available in a 75-mile radius. Plus we also offer cardiovascular services, including open-heart and cardiac catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient infusion' labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care unit; inpatient mental health unit; and other specialized care areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
Why join our Intermediate Care Unit Team?
- 29-bed Intermediate Medical Care and Step Down Unit
- Chest Pain Accredited Comprehensive Stroke Unit
- Show your real passion for patient care by joining an awesome team and supporting critically ill patients: Open-heart Surgery, MI, Hyper/Hypotensive, Arrhythmia, Stroke Rule Out/Neuro Care and Arterial Line Monitoring
- Our nurse to patient ratio is based on acuity
- You will have passionate managers who will motivate you and champion staff to reach their professional goals
We value you and your future!
- We offer multiple health insurance plan options as well as dental and vision coverage and a company paid term life insurance policy.
- You will be eligible for our tremendous education assistance programs: Up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement and new Student Loan Repayment program coming in January 2019
- Keeping your work/life balance in mind, we offer the flexibility of self-scheduling and a robust Paid Time Off accrual. Schedule: 36 hours per week, 7p-7:30a, working rotating weekends
- What are your future retirement plans? HCA also provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Engage in growing your talent and gain leadership skills through our Charge Nurse and Preceptor courses. Bonuses for receiving clinical certifications.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What will you be doing?
You'll be assessing, planning and evaluating patient care needs and providing age and culturally appropriate care while carrying out physician orders. Our nurses administer prescribed medications, change dressings, clean wounds, monitor vital signs and instruct and educate patients and families.
Provide respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients. Monitor, record and communicate patient conditions using the Meditech computerized documentation system and be part of the healthcare team that will oversee discharge planning needs. You will also help support new staff through mentoring and orientation
What Sets Us Apart?
"I think we have an amazing team that works together.""We have an awesome manager that cares about staff.""I think it all comes down to teamwork. No matter how bad our day is, everyone comes together to help each other and support one another.""We all have the same goal to take care of our patients the best we can. Nursing is tough and we would be nothing without a great team. Go IMC!"
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
- Current Indiana RN licensure and graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- You will need a current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- ACLS, and NIHSS certification obtained within 6 months of hire date. Certifications to be maintained throughout employment
- TCAT course completion within a year of employment
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, crucial discernment and the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent collaboration between all staff/units and shifts.
Keywords: Terre Haute Regional Hospital, Terre Haute , Registered Nurse RN Intermediate Care Step Down Unit - Up to $4k Sign-On Bonus, Healthcare , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!