Registered Nurse (RN) Pediatrics - PRN/Hours Vary
Company: Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: December 3, 2018
Registered Nurse (RN) Pediatrics PRNTerre Haute Regional Hospital is looking for nurturing and compassionate nurses to join our Maternal/Child Team! We offer excellent and compassionate care for Labor, Anti & Post Partum, Newborns, GYN, NICU and Pediatric patients with a 7-bed capacity for Labor & Delivery and a 16-bed Pediatric unit. We are a Level II NICU with a neonatologist on staff. Terre Haute Regional Hospital is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America, we are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. THRH strives to find the perfect life/work balance for our employees. We're more than a hospital, we're a family!
- Awesome educational resources, caring culture and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership.
- Dedicated management staff to help provide continued professional growth
- Full ability to self-schedule
- First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Regional Hospital recently earned a 6th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade rankings
- The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
- Performs age specific admission assessments
- Familiar with the normal laboratory values for infants and children and adolescents
- Starts IV's on infants and children
- Provides psychosocial management for appropriate age levels. Alert for possible child abuse or dysfunctional family. Understands how to report identified problem
- Educated on Infant and Pediatric Security, Amber Alert, and HUGS system
- Participates in preparations/training in unit skills fair
- Serves on a committee
- Assists in policy and procedure development for Pediatrics
- Develops education modules for the unit and participates in presenting them for staff education
- Performs and directs nursing procedures, prescribed treatments, based on knowledge of principles and practice of Registered Nurse.
- In accordance with hospital policy, may insert I.V.'s, administer I.V. medications, and begin blood product transfusion.
- Observes and records patient reactions to medication, I.V. therapy, blood transfusion, and treatment.
- Accurate medication administration according to hospital policy
- Evaluation of pain and reassessment of pain according to hospital policy.
- Evaluates patient's signs and symptoms; records and reports results. Sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborates with physician regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment. Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient and processes orders. Makes appropriate and timely notification to physician on patient condition changes.
- Receives and transcribes/checks physician's orders in a timely manner.
- Provides and documents patient and family education as needed.
- Maintains a current, written plan of nursing care or critical pathways for assigned patients.
- May function as a leader of nursing personnel and is responsible for their performance.
- Assists in the interpretation of hospital policies to co-workers, patients, visitors and students.
- Notifies staffing coordinator/supervisor of all the changes in complexity of patient care and staffing needs.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding patient, staffing, and other issues.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living including but not limited to bathing, positioning, range of motion, elimination, and ambulating.
- Communicates clinical outcomes with patient and family.
- Participates actively and constructively in quality improvement activities.
- All education and training are completed within the required time frame, including annual BLS.
- Coordinates admission through discharge plans with case manager, patient, and family.
- Actively participates in the orientation of new personnel.
- Attends unit meeting, in services, and other educational programs.
- Floats to other units as needed.
- Performs other functions as assigned to meet the needs of the department.
Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with current or pending licensure by the Indiana State Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- BLS required upon hire
- PALS, and NRP certification within six months of hire date and maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional.
- RN certification must be maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital
- Have a basic knowledge of JCAHO, CMS and ISBH standards, rules and regulations.
- Have a basic knowledge of "performance improvements" concepts and unit activities.
Valued but not required educational/licensure, skills and experience:
Bachelors Degree or currently enrolled to obtain BSN
- Prior nursing experience preferred. OB/Pediatric experience preferred
Keywords: Terre Haute Regional Hospital, Terre Haute , Registered Nurse (RN) Pediatrics - PRN/Hours Vary, Healthcare , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!