Registered Nurse (RN) Acute Med/Surg Trauma - Full Time Days
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: January 8, 2019
Registered Nurse (RN) Acute Med/Surg Trauma Unit, Full Time Days 36 hrs p/wk (7a to 7:30p, rotating weekends)
Terre Haute Regional Hospital (THRH) is a 278-bed Level II Trauma Center. Regional is the only full-service hospital in the area accredited by The Join Commission and has provided quality care for the local community for 135 years.
Recent additions include a multi-million dollar investment in staff and infrastructure to bring the Level-II Trauma Center to the Wabash Valley region - the highest level of care available in a 75-mile radius. Plus we also offer cardiovascular services, including open-heart and cardiac catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient infusion' labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care unit; inpatient mental health unit; and other specialized care areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
Why join our Acute Surgical Trauma?
- 29-bed Acute Medical Surgical Trauma Unit also provides Pre and Post-Surgical , Orthopedic and Medical care for overflow patients
- Our nurse to patient ratio is based on acuity
- Strengthen and expand your nursing skills while joining an awesome team where you will receive TCAT "Trauma Care After Treatment" training within a year of employment and America Heart Association ACLS (Advanced Life Support Certification) within 6 months of employment
- You will have passionate managers that support and encourage continuing education to achieve advancement in either nursing education or leadership and
We value you and your future!
- We offer multiple health insurance plan options as well as dental and vision coverage and a company paid term life insurance policy.
- You will be eligible for our tremendous education assistance programs: Up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment - $150 per month for FT employees
- Keeping your work/life balance in mind, we offer the flexibility of self-scheduling and a robust Paid Time Off accrual.
- What are your future retirement plans? HCA also provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Engage in growing your talent and gain leadership skills through our Charge Nurse and Preceptor courses. Bonuses for receiving clinical certifications.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What will you be doing?
Plan, assess, implement, and evaluate the ongoing delivery of care to assigned patients. Also performs nursing care in a holistic manner. Assists the management/charge nurse with responsibilities as needed. Performs and directs nursing procedures, prescribed treatments, based on knowledge of principles and practice of Registered Nurse. Observes and records patient reactions to medication, I.V. therapy, blood transfusion, and treatment.
Assists patients with activities of daily living including but not limited to bathing, positioning, range of motion, elimination, and ambulating. Communicates clinical outcomes with patient and family. Participates actively and constructively in quality improvement activities. Performs efficiently with CPCS. Maintains ongoing training and proficiency with CPCS. Actively participates in the orientation of new personnel. Floats to other units as needed.
What Sets Us Apart?
"We provide excellent patient care; we all work well together. It's an awesome unit full of amazing people!"
" All of the staff from management, nurses, PCT's/secretaries, PT, OT, physicians including the surgeons, not only take excellent care of patients but we take care of each other. There's no "I" in TEAM! Your skills as a nurse are both challenged and enhanced in an environment that encourages both learning and teaching."
" I love this fast-paced unit. I get excited about all the traumas I've seen and get to see. I've learned so much, I just love it!"
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
Keywords: HCA., Terre Haute , Registered Nurse (RN) Acute Med/Surg Trauma - Full Time Days, Healthcare , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!