Registered Nurse RN Float Pool
Company: Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Float Pool Full Time Nights, 36 hours per
week, 7p--7:30a with weekend and holiday rotation Do you enjoy
working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start
your career while working in our Float Pool. Submit your
Terre Haute Regional Hospital is looking for experienced and
compassionate (RN) to join our Float Team. Must be open to working
varying units based on staffing needs. Great way to gain experience
in acute care setting with differing levels of patient acuity and
care protocol. Flexible scheduling! Will include working every
other weekend and holiday rotation requirements. Two years of
Registered Nurse experienced preferred. BLS certification required,
ACLS preferred. Regional Hospital is a 278-bed Level II Trauma
Center. Regional is the only full-service hospital in the area
accredited by The Join Commission and has provided quality care for
the local community for 135 years. We offer cardiovascular
services, including open-heart and cardiac catheterization;
oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient
infusion' labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care
unit; inpatient mental health unit; and other specialized care
areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation
What will you be doing? This position is designed to plan, assess,
implement, and evaluate the ongoing delivery of care to assigned
patients. Also performs nursing care in a holistic manner. Assists
the management/charge nurse with responsibilities as needed.
- I n accordance with hospital policy, may insert I.V.'s,
administer I.V. medications, and begin blood product
- Observes and records patient reactions to medication, I.V.
therapy, blood transfusion, and treatment.
- Receives and transcribes/checks physician's orders in a timely
- Provides and documents patient and family education as
- Coordinates admission through discharge plans with case
manager, patient, and family
- Actively participates in the orientation of new personnel.
Qualifications Essential educational/licensure, skills and
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with current or
pending licensure by the Indiana State Board of Nursing as a
Registered Professional Nurse.
- Have a basic knowledge of JCAHO, CMS and ISBH standards, rules
- Have a basic knowledge of "performance improvements" concepts
and unit activities.
- Certification: BLS and RN must be maintained throughout
employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training completion within
1 year of hire and maintenance of certification. We value YOU and
- We offer multiple health insurance plan options as well as
dental and vision coverage and a company paid term life insurance
- You will be eligible for our tremendous education assistance
programs: Up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement and
Student Loan Assistance - $150 per month for FT employees
- Keeping your work/life balance in mind, we offer the
flexibility of self-scheduling and a robust Paid Time Off
- What are your future retirement plans? HCA also provides a
matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Engage in growing your talent and gain leadership skills
through our Charge Nurse and Preceptor courses. Bonuses for
receiving clinical certifications We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: Terre Haute Regional Hospital, Terre Haute , Registered Nurse RN Float Pool, Healthcare , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!