Registered Nurse RN Inpatient Rehabilitation
Company: Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: August 15, 2019
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse RN Inpatient Rehabilitation - Full Time Nights
Schedule: 36 hours per week, 7p-7:30a, rotating weekends and
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you
enjoy working in a supportive and patient-centered environment?
Jump-start your career in our Inpatient Rehabilitation Department.
Submit your application today!
Terre Haute Regional Hospital (THRH) is a 278-bed Level II Trauma
Center. Regional is the only full-service hospital in the area
accredited by The Join Commission and has provided quality care for
the local community for 135 years. We offer cardiovascular
services, including open-heart and cardiac catheterization;
oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient
infusion' labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care
unit; inpatient mental health unit; and other specialized care
areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation
Why join our Inpatient Rehab Team?
* 12-Bed Private Room Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit with onsite
* Patient population: trauma, cardiac, stroke, neurological
conditions, brain and spinal cord injuries, and medically
* Weekly team meetings with patient and family
* Nursing staffing is based on census but averages 1 RN to every
* Our promise is to provide the highest quality, compassionate care
to every patient, every time!
* Great team work and collaboration with physicians, other units
What will you be doing?
Planning, assessing, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of
care to assigned Rehab patients. Also performs nursing care in a
holistic manner. Assists the management/charge nurse with
responsibilities as needed.
* In accordance with hospital policy, may insert I.V.'s, administer
I.V. medications, and begin blood product transfusion.
* ACLS certified or must obtain ACLS certification within one year
of employment as a Registered Nurse and maintains ACLS
certification upon working in designated department
* Observes and records patient reactions to medication, I.V.
therapy, blood transfusion, and treatment.
* Evaluates patient's signs and symptoms; records and reports
results. Sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to
changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and
exhibiting good judgment.
* Collaborates with physician regarding patient progress towards
the outcome attainment. Assists physician during treatment and
examination of patient and processes orders.
* Receives and transcribes/checks physician's orders in a timely
* Provides and documents patient and family education as
* Maintains a current, written plan of nursing care or critical
pathways for assigned patients.
* May function as a leader of nursing personnel and is responsible
for their performance.
* Floats to other units as needed
Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
* Current State of Indiana Registered Nurse License
* At least 1 year of clinical/hospital experience preferred
* Must be BLS Certified
* Demonstrated proficiency in basic nursing skills
We value YOU and your future!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability,tuition reimbursement up to
$5,250 per year, employee discount program, employee stock purchase
program and student loan assistance up to $150 per month. We would
love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status or disability status.
Keywords: Terre Haute Regional Hospital, Terre Haute , Registered Nurse RN Inpatient Rehabilitation, Healthcare , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!