Registered Nurse RN Intensive Care ICU Critical Care
Company: Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Intensive Care (ICU)/Critical Care Full Time
Nights, 36 hours per week, 7p to 7:30a with rotating weekends and
holidays Terre Haute Regional Hospital (THRH ) is looking for
self-driven, conscientious and compassionate nurses to join our
outstanding Critical Care team! Acute Care nursing experience
preferred. Intermediate Care/Step Down, Critical Care and/or Trauma
experience a plus! Excellent time management and ability to adapt
to change quickly is required in this Critical Care setting. BLS
required upon hire. We are offering the following bonuses for Full
Time ICU RN, Limited Slots Available!
- $2,500 Sign-On Bonus - less than two years of RN
- $5,000 Sign-On Bonus - 2-3 years of RN experience
- $7,500 Sign-On Bonus - 4-5 years of RN experience
- $10,000 Sign-On Bonus - greater than 5 years of RN experience
*C urrent HCA employees do not qualify. $500 Employee Referral
Bonus available for this position. Terre Haute Regional Hospital
(THRH) is a 278-bed Level II Trauma Center. Regional is the only
full-service hospital in the area accredited by The Join Commission
and has provided quality care for the local community for 135
years. We offer cardiovascular services, including open-heart and
cardiac catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation
therapy and outpatient infusion' labor and delivery, including a
neonatal intensive care unit; inpatient mental health unit; and
other specialized care areas, including intensive care and
inpatient rehabilitation units. Why Join our ICU Team?
- 16-Bed Medical/Surgical ICU
- Level II Trauma Center and continued receipt of grade "A"
rankings for Patient Safety
- Dedicated leadership and staff that nurture continued
self-development and our licensed and professional nursing staff
have many years of critical care experience.
- Provide exceptional care for a wide variety of patients
including Post Op Cardiac patients, those needing critical
medication and insulin drips, renal replacement therapies and
- The house wide telemetry station is also located on the ICU
- We have state-of-the-art technology and equipment for
monitoring patients, including an external artificial heart
What will you be doing? The Registered Nurse (RN) Critical Care
(ICU), provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary
for the care of seriously and critically ill patients, in support
of HCA ethical principles and values. This includes continuous
observation and frequent measurements of relevant indicators of
clinical conditions and outcomes. Nurses will provide direct access
to patients for major procedures and therapies, including
resuscitation. Position responsibilities:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
Qualifications Essential educational/licensure, skills and
- Current Indiana licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider. ACLS and
NIHSS certification must be obtained within first six months of
hire date and BLS, ACLS, and NIHSS certifications must be
maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- ICU nurses working in Charge role must have current PALS and
TNCC certification and must be maintained throughout employment of
Terre Haute Regional Hospital.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds. Valued but not required
educational/licensure, skills and experience:
- At least two or more year of experience in Critical Care We
value YOU and your future!
- We offer multiple health insurance plan options as well as
dental and vision coverage and a company paid term life insurance
- You will be eligible for our tremendous education assistance
programs: Up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement and
Student Loan Assistance of $150 per month for FT employees.
- Keeping your work/life balance in mind, we offer the
flexibility of self-scheduling and a robust Paid Time Off
- What are your future retirement plans? HCA also provides a
matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Engage in growing your talent and gain leadership skills
through our Charge Nurse and Preceptor courses. Bonuses for
receiving clinical certifications. We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: Terre Haute Regional Hospital, Terre Haute , Registered Nurse RN Intensive Care ICU Critical Care, Healthcare , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!