Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER
Company: Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room (ER) Full Time Evenings, 36
hours per week, 2p-2:30a, rotating weekends and holidays Terre
Haute Regional Hospital (THRH) i s a 278-bed Level II Trauma
Center. Regional is the only full-service hospital in the area
accredited by The Join Commission and has provided quality care for
the local community for 135 years. We offer cardiovascular
services, including open-heart and cardiac catheterization;
oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient
infusion' labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care
unit; inpatient mental health unit; and other specialized care
areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
Why join our Emergency Room Team?
- 17-Bed Emergency Department
- Includes a Psych Safe Room and two Trauma bays
- On average see between 65-70 patients per day, with 15-20%
being Trauma patients
- Chest Pain Accredited
- Great team work and collaboration with physicians, other units
- You will have passionate managers who will motivate you and
champion staff to reach their professional goals What will you be
doing? Planning, assessing, implementing, and evaluating the
delivery of care to assigned ER patients.
- In accordance with hospital policy, may insert I.V.'s,
administer I.V. medications, and begin blood product
- Observes and records patient reactions to medication, I.V.
therapy, blood transfusion, and treatment.
- Triages patients by evaluating the patient's signs and
symptoms; recording and reports the results.
- Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient
and processes orders.
- Receives and transcribes/checks physician's orders in a timely
- Provides and documents patient and family education as
- Communicates clinical outcomes with patient and family.
- Performs efficiently with Meditech.
- Coordinates admission through discharge plans with case
manager, patient, and family.
- Actively participates in the orientation of new personnel.
Qualifications Essential educational/licensure, skills and
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with current
licensure by the Indiana State Board of Nursing as a Registered
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, and NIHSS obtained within first 6 months and
maintained during employment
- TNCC obtained within one year of hire and maintained during
employment We value YOU and your future!
- We offer multiple health insurance plan options as well as
dental and vision coverage and a company paid term life insurance
- You will be eligible for our tremendous education assistance
programs: Up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement and
Student Loan Assistance of $150 per month for FT employees.
- Keeping your work/life balance in mind, we offer the
flexibility of self-scheduling and a robust Paid Time Off
- What are your future retirement plans? HCA also provides a
matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Engage in growing your talent and gain leadership skills
through our Charge Nurse and Preceptor courses. Bonuses for
receiving clinical certifications. We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: Terre Haute Regional Hospital, Terre Haute , Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER, Healthcare , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!