Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: October 11, 2019
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room (ER) Full Time Nights, 36
hours per week, 7p-7:30a, rotating weekends and holidays
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.
Terre Haute Regional Hospital(THRH)part of the Healthcare
Corporation of America (HCA), is a 278-bed Level II Trauma Center.
Regional is the only full-service hospital in the area accredited
by The Join Commission and has provided quality care for the local
community for 135 years. We offer cardiovascular services,
including open-heart and cardiac catheterization; oncology
services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient infusion'
labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care unit;
inpatient mental health unit; and other specialized care areas,
including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000
Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900
facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory
surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff
continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have
been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals
based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Why join our Emergency Room Team?
- 17-Bed Emergency Department
- Includes a Psych Safe Room and two Trauma bays
- On average see between 65-70 patients per day, with 15-20%
being Trauma patients
- Chest Pain Accredited
- Great team work and collaboration with physicians, other units
- You will have passionate managers who will motivate you and
champion staff to reach their professional goals
Our ER team is a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a
passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
What will you be doing?
Planning, assessing, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of
care to assigned ER patients.
- In accordance with hospital policy, may insert I.V.'s,
administer I.V. medications, and begin blood product
- Observes and records patient reactions to medication, I.V.
therapy, blood transfusion, and treatment.
- Triages patients by evaluating the patient's signs and
symptoms; recording and reports the results.
- Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient
and processes orders.
- Receives and transcribes/checks physician's orders in a timely
- Provides and documents patient and family education as
- Communicates clinical outcomes with patient and family.
- Performs efficiently with Meditech.
- Coordinates admission through discharge plans with case
manager, patient, and family.
- Actively participates in the orientation of new personnel.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with current
licensure by the Indiana State Board of Nursing as a Registered
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, and NIHSS obtained within first 6 months and
maintained during employment
- TNCC obtained within one year of hire and maintained during
We value YOU and your future!
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package
to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical and dental
coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones
while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your
future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits
including tuition assistance up to $5,250 per year, student loan
assistance up to $150 per month for FT employees, family and
medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Terre Haute , Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER, Healthcare , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!