Company: Sodexo Inc.
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: February 8, 2020
Description/Job SummarySodexo Quality of Life ServicesDetailsJob
Overview:The Dietetic Technician organizes the patient/resident's
menus to ensure accuracy of diet order, timeliness of meal service
and smooth foodservice operations. Responsible for the production
of meal tickets, nourishment labels and production tallies for
resident/patient menus. Responds to interdepartmental telephone
inquiries, maintains all office equipment and supply inventory for
nutrition office. The general responsibilities of the position
include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
- Prepares dietary information for use by kitchen personnel in
preparation of foods for hospital patients.
- Examines diet orders and menus received from hospital units and
tallies portions and foods of general and soft diets.
- Tallies quantities of specific foods, such as vegetables and
meats, to be prepared in kitchen.
- Marks tally on master menu to inform kitchen personnel of food
- Processes new diets and changes as required.
- Participates in tray line and food temperature monitoring as
- May calculate diabetic diets, using calculator, and following
standards established by Clinical Nutrition Manager or
- Communicates patient needs to appropriate staff while
maintaining patient confidentiality.
- May answer telephone and intercom calls and relay information
to kitchen concerning meal changes, complaints or patient
- May prepare and deliver formula and special nourishments to
- May visit and provide assistance with menu selection to
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- /Job Qualifications:/*/Experience/Knowledge:/
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 1 year experience in hospital or extended care facility.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Basic food-handling skills.
- May require a valid driver s license
- Must be registry eligible for dietetic technician.
- /General Qualifications:/*
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity./Physical Requirements:/
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds./Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and
principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment
to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable
accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line
application process, please contact
SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment
opportunity, please click here.
Keywords: Sodexo Inc., Terre Haute , Dietetic Clerk, Other , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!