Sr. Optical Design Engineer - Relocation Assistance Provided
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Sr. Optical Design Engineer
- B.S. or M.S. in Optical Engineering or Optical Sciences.
- Minimum seven (7) years of industry experience in the design,
development and manufacturing of commercial laser based
instrumentation systems. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with
laser diode based systems incorporating external cavities is highly
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in production-centric
laser alignment techniques.
- Sustained record of independent creative design activity and
expertise with optical systems and subsystems.
- Sustained record of product development and problem solving
- Demonstrated knowledge and creative abilities in the design and
specification of optical systems and subsystems from the component
level to the system level.
- Demonstrated skills using optical modeling software tools such
as OSLO and TracePro.
- Ability to mentor and train others to accomplish technical
- Demonstrated knowledge of LabVIEW software is highly
- Demonstrated strong understanding of optical engineering
fundamentals and principles.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of optical design, component
specification, development, testing, and design for
- Demonstrated ability to make sound engineering decisions.
- Demonstrated creativity and high insight, curiosity, problem
solving ability, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong abilities in both verbal and written
communications in English.
- Demonstrated ability to listen and understand.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams, with multiple
disciplines and cultures.
- Is a self-starter and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated high ethics, integrity, honesty,
- Willingness to travel--to trade shows, technical conferences,
customer sites. Occasional overnight and some international travel
may be required.
- Technology Development
- Develop new optical technologies and technological capabilities
for use in Environmental instrumentation products, especially
related to systems utilizing gas-phase spectroscopy methods and
techniques utilizing lasers, wide-band optical sources, and
external cavities. This includes developing intellectual property,
trade secret capabilities and new core competencies in optical
technology and optical manufacturing methods.
- Product Development and Current Product
- This position will be an optical team leader in the design,
specification, development and testing of optical components,
subsystems and systems, for the development and support of
instrumentation for the Environmental product line.
- Participate in product requirement definition.
- Contribute to the optical architecture development.
- Lead the design, development, specification, assembly,
alignment, testing and documentation of optical components,
sub-systems and systems.
- Design and validate procedures for evaluating the performance
of various optical components, subsystems and systems.
- Interact with both internal and external manufacturers to
support new product designs and current product manufacture.
- Develop efficient optical alignment and performance testing
procedures and fixtures for engineering and manufacturing.
- Direct and/or perform system testing to ensure the product
meets specifications and expectations.
- Support the manufacture of both current and
- Mentor and train other engineers.
Keywords: StarrTrax, Terre Haute , Sr. Optical Design Engineer - Relocation Assistance Provided, Other , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!