Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Company: Taghleef Industries, Inc
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job DescriptionThe Environmental Health & Safety Manager
(EHS) is responsible for our safety and environmental efforts. This
position insures a safe and secure environment that follows all
federal, state, local and Ti rules/guidelines. This position is
also responsible for protection of Ti assets and site
- Provides strong positive leadership that motivates and engages
the leadership and workforce in safety, health, and environmental
- Works with managers to ensure safety plans are in place to
protect, employees, contractors, visitors, and physical
- Audits site to ensure compliance with site safety rules, OSHA,
and environmental standards.
- Reviews all site incident reports, including corrective action
- Participates in all NAERs (New and Altered Equipment
- Participates in weekly plant safety meetings and gives guidance
to the teams.
- Reviews and approves capital projects for safety and
- Publishes monthly safety reports for North America region.
- Analyzes safety data and recommends initiatives to address
- Stays current on OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI, NRC, DOT, NFPA, FCC and
- Maintains and renews as needed FCC license for site radio
- Is point of contact for any site OSHA or environmental
- Maintains environmental permitting for the plant site (NPDES
permit, MSOP permit, SWPPP).
- Is point of contact for FM Global, working with them on
recommendations for the site.
- File Workers Compensation Claims and follows up with
individuals and Risk Manager as required.
- Publishes/submits annual OSHA Report.
- Updates Corporate Safety Manual.
- Updates Site Safety Manual
- Ensures quarterly sprinkler and PIV tests are complete.
- Ensures annual and monthly fire extinguisher inspections are
- Ensures compliance with Global Harmonization Standard,
including maintaining the site chemical purchase policy and SDS
- Sets up security contracts, manages security guards.
- Works with EMS Team and Emergency Response Teams to insure
proper training and site coverage.
- Writes all purchase order contracts for environmental testing
- Ensures all environmental reports are submitted on
time-Drinking Water, NPDES, MSOP Air Permit Annual Notification &
Certification, Tier II Annual Report, DNR Annual Water Withdraw
Report and DMR-QA.
- Takes monthly and quarterly drinking water samples and sends to
outside lab for analysis.
- Annual RCRA Hazardous Waste training.
- Completes DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation Certification
every three years.
- Manages all plant waste, E-Scrap, solid waste, hazardous waste,
universal waste, etc.
- Develops annual Master Environmental Plan and ensures all
initiatives are completed on time.
- Sets up the janitorial contract and manages the janitorial
staff including the outside grounds.
- Manages utility operators in the Powerhouse.
- Approver for safety supplies and equipment used on the plant
- Maintains the company Learning Management System.
- Manages the company safety glass and safety shoe programs.
- Manages the company food defense program.
- Manages the contractor safety program.
- Manages the company Powered Industrial Truck, Aerial Lift, and
Overhead Crane training programs on the plant site.Requirements:
- BS/BA in a related discipline (i.e., Industrial Hygiene,
Occupational Safety, Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science,
- 5 to 8 years--- experience in EHS
- Experience with Hazardous Waste operations and working
knowledge of RCRA regulations
- General knowledge of EPA, and OSHA regulations and EHS
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Must be able to interact with employees at all levels of the
organization as well as contractors and suppliers
- Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail, statistical and
- Must demonstrate flexibility, ability to wear many different
hats, multi-tasking without sacrificing performance
- Must demonstrate sense of urgency in appropriate
- Must be able to adapt to change and work in a changing
- Must be flexible with schedule
- Must demonstrate initiative, assertiveness, and ability to
- Excellent leadership skills
- Effective writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- Strong results orientationTaghleef is a Drug Free Workplace -
Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.Taghleef
Industries, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified
individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected
by law.Company DescriptionFor more than 15 years, Taghleef
Industries, Inc. has built a reputation as one of the world---s
largest and most recognized industry leaders in specialty BOPP
(Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene) films.
Keywords: Taghleef Industries, Inc, Terre Haute , Environmental Health & Safety Manager, Other , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!