We're a growing company, and we want YOU to grow with
Menards home improvement stores are conveniently located throughout
the Midwest in a 14-state region. From the novice do-it-yourselfer
to the experienced contractor, Menards has something for everyone!
As a family-owned and operated business, Menards is truly dedicated
to service and quality and is the place to "Save BIG Money!" on all
your home improvement needs. As an employer, Menards provides the
tools and training that are needed to ensure that we provide great
customer service, in stores or online. Menards offers exceptional
advancement opportunities, a positive work environment, as well as
great pay and benefits! If you are a hard-working, guest-oriented
person, we have opportunities for you! Apply today in person at
your local site or online.
Senior Truss Designer
TERRE HAUTE, IN - Distribution/Manufacturing/Fleet | Full Time |
This position involves specialized work in the preparation and
development of truss designs. Truss Designers help Midwest
Manufacturing stay competitive in the commercial and residential
building and remodeling markets by identifying new building trends,
then designing and implementing new structural and truss designs to
stay on top of these continuously changing styles. There are
opportunities to enhance skills and advance your career by moving
into leadership positions within the Truss Design Departments.
- Define and implement structural and truss designs.
- Assist team members in resolving structural design problems
that may arise on various building projects.
- Troubleshoot onsite expansion projects.
- Design the truss systems to work to the loads and codes of the
area built in
- Optimize trusses for production
- Field contractor calls on questions on prints and construction
- Finalize truss systems for production
- Design 2D and 3D layouts and provide prints on truss
Skills & Requirements
Four year college degree in any of the following areas is
required or equivalent experience:
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Engineering / Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Business Administration / Management
- Operations Management
- Passed MiTek University classes on line
Exceptional guest service skills
Strong project management skills
Able to manage multiple concurrent activities
Knowledge of MiTek software
2-3 years of experience designing trusses (preferred)