Registered Nurse FT Weekends
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: September 11, 2021
Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do - this is a Baylor position
Provides, coordinates, and directs the provision of home nursing
care according to physician's orders based on agency policies and
procedures, through the competent application of the nursing
- Demonstrates knowledge of home care and competency in
discipline specific patient care skills, required by the care
center for the provision of patient care.
- May be assigned RN visits as member of care team, and/or may be
required to supervise a patient caseload, including LPN's and
- Performs patient comprehensive assessments, as assigned, and
collaborates with patient multi-disciplinary care team (PT, OT, ST,
MSW and paraprofessionals) and other health care professionals to
develop/modify and implement an individualized plan of care as per
physician orders that ensures quality, proper discharge planning
and achieves desired outcomes and goals.
- Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by
communicating information (for example, changes in the plan of
care, new orders, lab results, etc) timely, effectively and
systematically with all team members providing care to the patient.
Facilitates interdisciplinary communication and follow-up through
care coordination on assigned patients and/or caseload of patients
for duration they are on service.
- Provides patient episode management per company
- Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the
patient's needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Utilizes a combination of care center resources and rationally
recognizes standards of practice to achieve positive clinical
- Participates in clinical outcomes monitoring, follow up and
care center performance improvement initiatives.
- Initiates, plans and provides staff education and performs
competency and skills validation for staff as needed.
- Utilizes accepted company teaching materials in patient/family
- Regularly communicates patient progress to the clinical
- Completes documentation timely, accurately, and at the point of
care, according to industry standards, conventions and guidelines,
including OASIS assessments, SOC/Admissions, Recertifications,
ABN's, subsequent visits, physician orders, care coordination,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required - $10K Bonus
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The
mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have
one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in
other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each
state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally
reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state
- One (1+) year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
(RN). If less than 1 year clinical experience as a RN, candidate
must be approved by VP Clinical.
- Current CPR certification.
- Able to assess patient status and identify requirements
relative to age specific needs.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the
computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet;
e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting
programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation
buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services
and online training programs.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same
commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the
benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our
team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Terre Haute , Registered Nurse FT Weekends, Other , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!