Company: United Surgical Partners International
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Terre Haute SC is seeking a Full-time Surgery Scheduler to join
our Team! This position is a four day per week position.
Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, is responsible
for daily maintenance of the surgery schedule and all aspects of
the scheduling process. This includes strategizing and problem
solving and ensuring high levels of customer service with
scheduling coordinators from all doctors' offices and operating
Successful candidate will possess outstanding leadership,
communication and customer service skills as well as the ability to
diffuse difficult scheduling conflicts efficiently with strategy.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous
successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Sets priorities and organizes work
* Schedules patient procedures to ensure efficient and accurate
processing of information. This includes procedures in the
operating room, GI lab, and arrangements for 23-hour stay.
* Coordinates with anesthesia groups to confirm scheduling for
* Accurately uses procedure codes to ensure proper billing.
* Verifies information being entered into system is correct, i.e.
spelling of name, DOB, gender, insurance information, etc.
* Ensuring all necessary paper work for any patient -add on'' is
received by the appropriate staff.
* Communicates changes to schedule to appropriate staff
* Ensures all required fields in Advantx are completed
* Works closely with OR director to avoid equipment or supply
* Alerts administration when new doctors or procedures are
* Cross trains with other areas.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Completes consents and ensures accuracy before submitting to the
* Promote positive relationships with scheduling coordinators,
physicians and nursing staff members throughout the scheduling
* This position is only four working days per week.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and
dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum 2-4 years of hospital or medical office experience
* Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a
* Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet
* Show a genuine desire to work and improve the hospital as a
* Professional appearance.
* Strong medical terminology.
* Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional
customer service skills.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below
for additional information.
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International, Terre Haute , Surgery Scheduler, Other , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!