Machinist (2nd shift)
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: May 17, 2023
Job Description Summary Job Overview
This challenging role has responsibility for setting up and
operating assigned machines to support production operations
related to the manufacture of high-quality engine components and
products. Job Description Machinist Essential Responsibilities
- Complete machine set-up.
- Load tool and tool holders as required.
- Perform Jaw cutting and re-cutting.
- Set fixture offsets as required.
- Verify correct tool hardware, tool diameter, tool radius, drill
length, and end mills.
- Verify accuracy of tool offset changes as needed.
- Perform periodic inspections of calibration.
- Read and process parts and visual braze inspection.
- Maintain accurate work records.
- Utilize precision measuring instruments to inspect parts.
- Support our team concept and learn/perform other duties as
- Communicate effectively and professionally with others, both
written and verbal.
- Follow and promote safe work practices.
- Support LEAN initiatives.
- Lift light to medium weight in an environment that may
occasionally require crouching, stooping and/or awkward work
positions. Requirements include:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Desirable characteristics :
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and utilize procedures, sketches,
and blueprints as well as perform basic mathematical
- Working knowledge of precision measuring equipment and
demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Milling and Turning experience. Additional Information:
- If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable
accommodation for purposes of participating in the
application/hiring process with GE. If you are unable or limited in
your ability to apply or interview as a result of your disability,
you can request reasonable accommodations by emailing us at .
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background check and a drug screen (as applicable).
Additional Information GE offers a great work environment,
professional development, challenging careers, and competitive
compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law. GE will only employ those who are
legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Relocation Assistance
Keywords: GE, Terre Haute , Machinist (2nd shift), Other , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...