Patient Care Technician - PCT
Company: Fresenius Medical Care North America
Location: Terre Haute
Posted on: November 18, 2022
- *About this role:** As a Patient Care Technician (PCT) at
Fresenius Medical Care, you play a vital part in supporting people
who entrust us with their care, their families, and your fellow
care team members. You will build deep relationships with patients
when they come into our clinic.
- *How you grow or advance:** Previous healthcare experience is
not required to join us as a PCT. Passion for helping others,
teamwork, and a desire to learn and grow are what you need to be
successful. We will provide robust training and support as you kick
off your career, and we will introduce you to career path options
as you grow with us either as a PCT or venture into a new role such
as Registered Nurse or a leadership role.
- *Our culture:** We believe our employees are our most important
asset - we value, care about, and support our people. We are there
when you may need us most, from tuition reimbursement to support
your education goals, scholarships to family members, relief when
natural disasters strike, and financial support when personal
hardship hits; we take care of our people.
- *Our focus on diversity:** We have built a nurturing
environment that welcomes every age, race, gender, sexual
orientation, background, and cultural tradition. We have a diverse
range of employee resource groups (ERGs) to encourage employees
with similar interests, goals, social and cultural backgrounds, or
experiences to come together for professional and personal
development, discussion, activities, and peer support. Our diverse
workforce and culture encourage opportunity, equity, and inclusion
for all, which is a tremendous asset that sets us apart.
At Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly make a difference in the
lives of people living with kidney disease. If this sounds like the
career and company you have been looking for, and you want to be a
vital part of the future of healthcare, apply today.
**PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:**
As a member of the nephrology healthcare team, you will provide
safe and effective dialysis therapy for patients under the direct
supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Sets up, tests, and operates hemodialysis machines for patient
- Obtains and documents necessary pre- and post-treatment vital
signs and weight for each patient.
- Evaluates vascular access pre-treatment and performs vascular
- Evaluates intradialytic problems and provides intervention as
prescribed by physician order or as directed.
- Monitors patients' response to dialysis therapy.
- Evaluates patient prior to termination of venous access and
discontinues dialysis treatment according to established
- Reports any significant information and/or change in patient
condition directly to supervisor.
- Enters all treatment data into the designated clinical
application in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collects, labels, appropriately prepares, and stores lab
samples according to required laboratory specifications.
- Cleans and disinfects dialysis machine surface, chair,
equipment, and surrounding area between treatments according to
- Assists other healthcare members in providing patient
- Prepares, organizes, and efficiently uses supplies and
equipment to prevent waste.
**EDUCATION AND LICENSES** **:**
+ High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
**EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS** **:**
- Qualities and traits: dependable, compassionate, caring,
supportive, collaborative, reliable.
- Previous patient care experience in a hospital setting or a
related facility (preferred but not required).
- Continued employment is dependent on successful completion of
the Fresenius Medical Care dialysis training program and successful
completion of CPR certification.
**PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:**
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness
test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara
Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. We will
consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
- Day-to-day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff, and physicians. The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. Travel to regional, business unit
and corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a healthcare facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be
exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and
the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may
occasionally be required to push and/or pull equipment, exerting up
to 15 pounds of force. The employee may be required to lift and to
lower solutions on a frequent basis of up to 30 lbs., and on an
occasional basis lift up to 40 lbs., as high as 5 feet. There is a
2-person assist program and "material assist" devices for the
- *_EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
- *Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care North America, Terre Haute , Patient Care Technician - PCT, Professions , Terre Haute, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!